Thursday, January 1, 2015
New Year's Horror Resolutions for 2015
Here goes 2015 in a hand basket:
1. I will read one horror related work of non fiction per month
2. I will read every magazine I subscribe to (I have a habit of only reading one or two and then filing the rest for the collection)
3. I will watch 30 more movies toward the Giallo Challenge. This is not unreasonable and if I should complete more, then at least I'm not kidding myself.
4. I will complete the 1980 challenge. Only about 20 movies left anyway
5. I will make one night a week a non-review, non-obligation movie night. That means I will watch back catalog titles in my collection rather than movies I NEED to watch for obligation to studios or distro companies. I need to keep fresh on new material, but I feel like I'm missing out the gems of yesteryear that are often neglected due to priority.
6. I will decorate for Halloween this year on a more massive scale. Couldn't last year due to trip to Disney World.
7. I will find Hichhike to Hell/Kidnapped Coed on double feature VHS. Furthermore, I will try to pick up a few new VHS titles a month. I've been slacking and I need to get the Video Store project moving forward (even if it feels so far away).
8. Must complete my Redemption Films collection.
9. Create Video Cast for HorrorSexy
10. Write and Record EP for Vaudeville Vampires
11. Record all the movies I watch on Letterboxd
12. I will get to the movie theater once a month to see a movie, old or new or marathon.
I think that's just about it. What's your bet on how many I will actually complete? Over or under?
From the bowels and brains of American International to the rib cage and eye sockets of Amicus, Doc Terror will write your eyes shut from the prehistory to the post apocalypse of horror.Doc Terror is a contributor to The Liberal Dead and The Dead Air Podcast.