The best Acer gaming laptop deals below will let you grab the raw power of a portable Acer powerhouse for less. There tend to be discounts on Acer gaming laptops often are plentiful, there's going to be even more to pick from. I've been through all the Acer options and have collected the best deals below to take the hassle out of your search.
If you're after a powerful desktop replacement, Acer's Predator series is the usual go-to, but there are other, cheaper options that offer solid gaming potential too. The Acer Nitro line-up is a great alternative for entry-level gaming on a tight budget. They may not be as flashy as their more expensive siblings but they still pack an impressive punch where it matters most.
If you're concerned that the Predator branding might cause some embarrassing misunderstandings in public, thankfully Acer has finally removed the word from its laptop lids. Smart move, in my opinion.
More to the point, the sheer breadth of specs, styles, and price points in Acer's portfolio can make finding the specs to match your needs a difficult task. With heaps of laptops at different price points, the choices and options can be overwhelming. You can check our guide to ensure you don't overpay on a gaming laptop deal (opens in new tab); that'll give you the down-low on what to look out for, otherwise the list below is curated with the best Acer gaming laptop deals around.
Where are the best gaming laptop deals?
In the US:
- Amazon - RTX 3050 laptops from Acer and Dell starting at $650 (opens in new tab)
- Asus - high-end ROG Zephyrus 14 with Ryzen 9 and RTX 3060 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- MSI - RTX 3080 gaming laptops up to $200 off at Newegg (opens in new tab)
- Gigabyte - up to 50% off Gigabyte gaming laptops at Newegg (opens in new tab)
- Walmart - cheap Gateway laptops. Remember them?! (opens in new tab)
- B&H Photo - up to $500 off Lenovo, Asus, & MSI gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Target - sub-$1,000 gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Staples - up to $300 off MSI gaming notebooks (opens in new tab)
- Lenovo - $1,000+ discounts on Legion laptops (opens in new tab)
- Razer - discounts on Razer Blade laptops, our favorite notebooks (opens in new tab)
- Newegg - $500+ off RTX 30 series gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy - save up to $500 on gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft - up to half price on last-gen laptops (opens in new tab)
- Dell - save over $300 on Dell and Alienware gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3060 - Gigabyte A7 K1 |
$999$879.99 at Newegg (save $119.01) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3070 - Asus TUF Dash 15 |
$1,499.99$999.99 at Best Buy (save $500) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3070 Ti - Gigabyte Aero 16 XE4 |
$1,499.99$1,309.99 at Newegg (save $190) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3080 - Asus Zephyrus G15 |
$1,999.99$1,749.99 at Best Buy (save $240) (opens in new tab)
- RX 6800M - Asus ROG Strix G15 |
$1,699.99$1,099.99 at Best Buy (save $600) (opens in new tab)
In the UK:
- Amazon - save on Asus, Razer, and Acer gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Dell - Alienware and Dell Gaming laptops with up to £500 off (opens in new tab)
- HP - Save £450 on HP Omen laptop powered by an RTX 3070 Ti (opens in new tab)
- Overclockers - gaming laptop deals and components (opens in new tab)
- Ebuyer - RTX 3060-powered gaming laptop for just £799.98 (opens in new tab)
- Very - save up to £450 on RTX 3070 MSI gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Razer UK - Discounts out PC Gamer's favourite gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- Box - Just £1,916.99 for a Razer Blade 15 Base gaming laptop (opens in new tab)
- Scan - up to £400 off gaming laptops from different manufactures (opens in new tab)
- PC Specialist - An RTX 3070 gaming PC for just £1,499 (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3070 - MSI Katana GF66 |
£1,399£949 at Very (save £450) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3070 - Razer Blade 14 |
£2,199£1,549 at Amazon (save £600) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3070 Ti - HP Omen 17 |
£1,999.99£1,549.99 at HP (save £450) (opens in new tab)
- RTX 3080 - MSI GP66 Leopard |
£1,998.98£1,598.99 at Scan (save £399.99) (opens in new tab)
The best Acer gaming laptop deals today
Why you can trust PC Gamer Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Find out more about how we test.
Acer Nitro 5 | Nvidia RTX 3060 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600H | 1080p | 144Hz | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD|
$999.99 $799 at Walmart (save $200.99) (opens in new tab)
This 15.6-inch gaming laptop is a nice entry point for gaming. It'll be tricky to get new games to run at high settings at 144Hz, but it's a solid rig for modest gaming.
Acer Predator Helios 300 | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Intel Core i7-12700H | 1080p | 165Hz | 16GB RAM | 512GB SSD |
$1,499.99 $999.99 at Best Buy (save $500) (opens in new tab)
At $1,349, this 15-inch Helios 300 is a little overpriced, even with the RTX 3060 inside it. However, this is the cheapest Acer gaming laptop you can find with these components.
Acer Predator Triton 500 SE| Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti | Intel Core i7-10750H| 1080p | 300Hz | 16GB RAM | 1TB SDD|
$2,399 $2,100 at Amazon (save $299) (opens in new tab)
This 16-inch powerhouse has everything you want in a desktop replacement. It's got a powerful GPU, a speedy 300Hz display, and a large 1TB SSD.
The best Acer laptops for gaming in 2022
Once you get past the initial dread of its god-awful startup sound, the Acer Predator Triton 500 is hands down one of the best gaming laptops (opens in new tab) I've ever used. Small enough to fit in a backpack and light enough not to be a burden, it stuffs a 15-inch screen into a 14-inch frame for an RTX gaming experience that is, against all odds, both portable and potent.
It doesn't have the strongest battery life, having conked out at less than three hours in our in-house battery test, but you can't expect to play intensive triple-A games unplugged for long anyway.
I would have loved to have seen a model offering a 1440p (or even 4K) display, but the 15.6 inch, 1080p IPS panel, is a gorgeous, bright screen that's incredibly fast, which, more importantly, supports a 300Hz refresh rate. A 300Hz screen might seem slightly overkill, but don't say that to anyone playing Valorant or Call of Duty: Warzone competitively.
I have trouble telling much of a difference above 240Hz, but I like having that option considering the hardware is capable. Though I will say it was tough to go back to playing Call of Duty on a 120Hz monitor after living in the buttery smooth world of 300Hz. That IPS panel technology also ensures that the color range is good, useful if you edit photos and videos, and needs decent color accuracy.
If it weren't for a few glaring design oversights and a notable lack of screen resolution choices above 1080p, the Triton 500 would be a perfect machine. Still, it's a relatively inexpensive gateway to ray-traced graphics rendered in real-time, deserving of its place on the best Acer laptop for gaming power rankings.
Read our full Acer Predator Triton 500 (opens in new tab) review.
Though it comes in 15.6-inch and 17.3-inch flavors, we prefer the 15-inch Acer Predator Helios 300, a budget-minded clamshell made for gaming in its many forms. They are all almost good choices despite being available in ten different configurations.
The Predator Helios 300 is one of the better-performing mid-range gaming laptops, packing in plenty of power for under $1,500, which is not an easy task. The vast number of configurations even let you find a way to lower the price by skimping on inconsequential components (for gaming, at least), like RAM or a screen with a lower refresh rate; you can save yourself a hefty chunk of change.
Another thing that struck me is that the Predator branding is now only located on the inside of the laptop. I get it; some people might be a little self-conscious using a laptop with the word 'Predator' on it in public. It's okay; the blue accents will still let people know you're a gamer, so no worries.
The metal cover with anodized finish gives the Helios a more sturdy feel than in previous years, though I would have loved to have seen it all over the laptop instead of just the cover.
The Helios 300 is a solid, lower-cost alternative to the Triton 500. It's worth keeping an eye out for simply because it offers great power at a thoroughly reasonable price. It's not maybe the thinnest or most portable gaming laptop around, but it makes up for that by being powerful where it matters most.
Read our full Acer Predator Helios 300 review (opens in new tab).
An old colleague once referred to the Acer Nitro series as a gaming laptop good at hiding its power level. The Acer Nitro 5's magic trick is hiding a powerful mid-range gaming laptop inside the PC gaming equivalent of a sweater vest.
Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you have to miss out on playing some killer games on the go.
The Acer Nitro 5 offers plenty of AMD configurations and Intel ones for little cash, and you can still enjoy 1080p gameplay at modest frame rates.
You're generally in the realms of the GTX 1660 Ti or the RTX 3050 here, at least at the more affordable end of the Nitro 5 spectrum, but they're powerful enough for 1080p. And with the RTX 3050, you can even potentially enjoy some ray traced pretties with DLSS 2.0 support thrown in for good measure.
If you're a student, the Nitro 5 has plenty of ports for all your accessories like portable hard drives, gaming mice, and other goodies without breaking the bank.
Acer's NitroSense fan-control app ensures that your laptop remains cool during heavy usage. This means you can work on your lap without frying said lap. The touchpad can be temperamental; we recommend picking up a gaming mouse (opens in new tab) to complement this laptop. And for an extra bit of value, use one of our Acer coupon codes.